The Geographical Society of Ireland and the School of Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology, Queens University, Belfast are delighted to host the 47th Conference of Irish Geographers which will take place from Thursday 21st May 2015 to Sunday 24th May 2015. The organisers of the 2015 Conference of Irish Geographers (CIG) invite submissions for papers for the full conference programme.
For anyone interested in attending the conference, the deadline for early bird registration (at a discounted rate) is Friday 20th February 2015. After this date, registration fees will be at the normal rate.
The following titles represent a provisional list of themes for the conference and we encourage submissions addressing those sessions which have not yet been fully allocated (*denotes fully allocated session). We also welcome proposals which are not aligned to any particular session. We particularly welcome contributions from postgraduate students.
**Please note that the deadline for abstract submissions is Friday 20th March**
• Mobilities and identities in contemporary Ireland
• Belfast Futures on the island of Ireland
• Literary Geographies
• Cultural Geographies of Display, Exhibition and Spectacle
• Migrant Perspectives on Integration
• The Humanitarian Present: Precarity, Intervention, and the New World Order
• Geographies of Financialisation
• Religion: Environment, Apocalypse, Geopolitics
• Bordering, Borders, People and Place
• The Economic Geographies of Imperialising Knowledge Claims
• Technological imaginaries and the production of space
• Calculated Spaces and Data infrastructures
• Population Geographies (in association with PGRG)
• Colonial Connections: Ireland and the Spaces of Empire*
• Art and Geography
• Inland waterbodies
• Irish Geomorphology in the 21st Century
• Natural Hazards
• Coastal and Marine Environments
• G.I.S. and Remote Sensing in Geomorphology
• Palaeo-geographic Reconstruction of Submerged Landscapes
• Glacial and Peri-glacial landscapes
• Biogeography and palaeoecology
• Climate Scenarios & Impacts
Paper proposals should include the following information:
• Registration Number (registration is required before submission of the paper)
• Name of presenter, affiliation and email address
• Title of Paper and Abstract (no more than 250 words)
• Type of presentation (e.g. paper, poster, etc)
• An indication as to the appropriate Themed Session (if applicable)
If you are intending to submit a paper which addresses one of the above themed sessions, you are requested to also liaise with the session organiser. Further particulars on these sessions (including session organisers’ contact details) can be found here.
Further details of the conference, including registration fees can also be found on the CIG2015 website.
You can now also keep up-to-date with announcements for the conference through our Facebook page here.
For any academic queries about the conference, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Belfast,
CIG Organising Committee